Aa
A
A
Close
Blood Pressure from 128/76 to 147/102 overnight !
I am 52 yrs. old and my blood pressure for as long as I can remember has always been around 128/76. One morning I woke up feeling sweaty and clammy. For some reason I took my blood pressure and it was 147/102. I called my doctor and talk to him and he put me on Microzide 12.5mg. I have been on it for over a week now and my pressure is around 142/ 95. What could have caused my pressure to jump all of a sudden over night ? My pressure has always been beautiful. I'm not taking any new meds or eating anything different. I don't smoke or drink and never use salt. I have been having pains in my back, but thought it was from my bad disk acting up again. I do have a slightly enlarged prostate, but I don't have any problems urinating. This high blood pressure has me worried because I always prided myself about my pressure.  Does anyone know what might be causing this sudden jump in my pressure ?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Are you obese? Do you have a family history of high blood pressure?

Hypertension can be classified either essential (primary) or secondary. Essential hypertension indicates that no specific medical cause can be found to explain a patient's condition. Secondary hypertension indicates that the high blood pressure is a result of (i.e., secondary to) another condition, such as kidney disease or tumours (pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma).

Although no specific medical cause can be determined in essential hypertension, it often has several contributing factors. These include obesity, salt sensitivity, renin homeostasis, insulin resistance, genetics, and age.

You could read more about this at -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertension

You should consult a doctor and get a complete clinical evaluation done including an ECG, kidney function tests, etc.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources