Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood Sugars are very High
About This Community:

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood Sugars are very High

My question is I had a hip replacement on Oct. 5, 2009.  I have been having trouble since, doctors do not know why I am still in pain, possible replacement is too big.  But, my sugar levels have been high for the last couple weeks.  I have no infection, My last A1c was 6.0 and that was in November/2009.  The couple of days my sugars have been in the 500's and my blood pressure is high.  Could this all be because of the pain and stress I am in because of not knowing what is going on with my hip and the pain I am in?  I am very worried about my sugars being so high and my vision is being effected due to my sugars being high.  I have made an appointment with my doctor, but last reading was 541 and I do not feel go and very tired and sleepy.  My stomach is very upset and I just want to sleep.  So I make a trip to the ER?