Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood Sugars are very High

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Blood Sugars are very High

My question is I had a hip replacement on Oct. 5, 2009.  I have been having trouble since, doctors do not know why I am still in pain, possible replacement is too big.  But, my sugar levels have been high for the last couple weeks.  I have no infection, My last A1c was 6.0 and that was in November/2009.  The couple of days my sugars have been in the 500's and my blood pressure is high.  Could this all be because of the pain and stress I am in because of not knowing what is going on with my hip and the pain I am in?  I am very worried about my sugars being so high and my vision is being effected due to my sugars being high.  I have made an appointment with my doctor, but last reading was 541 and I do not feel go and very tired and sleepy.  My stomach is very upset and I just want to sleep.  So I make a trip to the ER?