Blood Test Results

A bit over a month ago I was sent by my local doctor for a full blood test. Everything was fine except for a high white blood cell count. My white blood cell count was 11000. The normal range I am led to believe is between 4000 and 11000. My doctor asked me to get another test done in a month, and I did last Friday. The count this time was 13000. He has asked to see me in a weeks time where i'll do another blood test. I was told by his secretary that everything is alright. I currently do not have any other ailments/conditions. I am confused??? What do these results mean???

Thankyou,

Scottoz
A raised white blood count can be an indicator of infection.  Your white count isn't raised very much above normal.  The body is always being invaded by bacterial and viral "bugs" that need to be fought.  Each time, WBCs are raised until the "bug" has been irradicated.  Most of the time you don't know it is happening. It sounds like the doctor is letting the WBCs do their job, but is watching just to make sure they don't need a little help. If other symptoms occur, like a fever, let your doc know, otherwise don't worry.  The little soldiers are out there doing what they do best.
Thanks for that info... I was just a bit confused because they didn't tell me anything.. Once again, thanks