Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood clot in urine.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Blood clot in urine.

The other day i went to use the bathroom and when i urinated it burned pretty bad. I have always had UTI's and Kidney infections plus Kidneys stones on top of many bladder infections but all the doctors do is give me antibiotics and it clears up and when i go back to the doc. i always seem to have them again. in my teens i would have them so much and when the doctors said i had blood in my urine they would ask the famous ? "does it burn when u p" and i would say no because i had no symptoms at all. but this time it burned pretty bad and felt as if it was really HOT. when i looked into the toilet i seen a single blood clot. i know this may sound disgusting but i rolled up some toilet paper to get it out with and examined it and it was round,light pink on the ouside and on the inside bright red. could this be from a UTI, Kidney infection/problems, or something more serious? thanks for the help!

How are you?

Burning micturition is due to urinary tract infection. You have a history of recurrent UTI’s and kidney stones; so burning sensation during micturition and blood in the urine. It can also be due to dislodgement of the kidney stone in the bladder or urethra.

Kidney stones and recurrent UTI’s can lead to Pyelonephritis, Cystitis, Urethritis Glomerulonephritis and Urethral ulceration.

Blood in the urine can present in one of two ways: gross hematuria (blood that you can see in the urine), and microscopic hematuria (blood that is only seen when the urine is examined under a microscope). Both types can have serious causes. If you are passing different-shaped clots in your stream, they could represent bleeding from the urethra or prostate (in men). Clots can be wormlike, and if associated with pain it could represent clots coming from your ureters(tubes from your kidneys to your bladder).

When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.

For kidney stones pls drink lots of fluids. Exercises like skipping are also helpful.

Pls consult your urologist as soon as possible to avoid any further complication.

Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.

How are you?
Blood clot in the urine indicates an infection in the kidneys, ureters or bladder or a kidney stone.Since you have other symptoms of infection also like burning and pain it is most likely due to UTI.
However blood in the urine should never be ignored as it can also indicate tumor in the urinary system.
Please schedule an appointment with a urologist at the earliest. Do keep us posted!

thankyou for the help! and i will!
ok 2 days ago i urinated another blood clot. they arent big in size iv notice this time it was 2 . i can feel them when i pass them and i only burn when i pass them..i dont burn anyother time b4 that or after i pass them. any help. i have a doc. appt at the end of the month but this worries me still.

Since you have a history of kidney stones it is the most likely cause for blood clots in urine, although infections in the urinary bladder and kidneys cannot be ruled out.
Do keep us posted!