Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood in Urine, Misc. other symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Urine, Misc. other symptoms

I have never been truly healthy I think.  I was anemic as a child, then as I aged developed chronic joint pain which was blamed on overdoing sports.  Then came hypoglycemia.  Now, microscopic blood has been found in my urine on many occasions.  I am 22 years old, active, and thin. I get non-specific abdominal/pelvic pains daily.  I get a sharp pain during bowel movements.  I'm also almost always tired.   A new development has been a dull, chronic pain in my groin area.  Anyone able to link any of this together?  It is to the point where I don't feel like one person can be so unlucky health-wise, I think some may be related but don't know where to begin.  The blood in the urine is something I'm most concerned about.  My doctor wants to ignore it, but I can't ignore it with all of my other issues.

I've had many CT scans done which all come back clear of ovarian cysts, appendicitis, and hernias.  
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Blood in the urine can present in one of two ways: gross hematuria (blood that you can see in the urine), and microscopic hematuria (blood that is only seen when the urine is examined under a microscope). Both types can have serious causes.

The various conditions associated with blood in urine are kidney disorders,urinary disorders(urethra,ureters and urinary bladder) and prostate esp prostatitis in males.

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.I sincerely advise you to consult your urologist as soon as possible to avoid any further complication.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank