Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood in saliva - every day

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Blood in saliva - every day

Hi everyone,

For quite some time ( 2-3 years ) I've been experiencing traces of blood in my saliva. Sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot, as in it's 75% blood.

In the mornings I have very bad breath and my spit is brown-ish.

During the day I feel my throat is dry and sometimes feel "something" stuck in my lower throat ( below Adam's apple ). During the day I sometimes get traces of blood in my spit and it's usually bright red. I would spit for 30 seconds and it's gone.

I usually feel my throat is dry throughout the day and drink a lot of water as a consequence.

I went to 2 doctors ( one 3 years ago, one 2 years ago ). One of them told me that my throat is just dry and irritated and that I should spray a saline spray from time to time.

Had chest X-ray a few months ago and it showed up perfectly clear.

Discolosure:
I'm a smoker ( 1/2 packs a day - sometimes more sometimes less )
I'm in my mid-late 20s.
Don't drink.
Eat decently healthy.

Anyone else experiencing this ? Any doctors who would like to pitch in ?

Thanks everyone :)

This discussion is related to blood in saliva.
1 Comment
Yeah I agree with the Staca99 this sounds serious to me. Just the fact that it has been going on for so long makes me worried for you. I would definetly get a secound opinion, that is not normal. Any history of esophageal cancer ? Also do you have any bad dental problems? If so it could be periodontal disease or gum disease. Either way you should find out something! I wish you the best of luck and hope you get to feeling better soon.