Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood in toilet and on paper

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Blood in toilet and on paper

Hello, I am a 24 y.o female. I have been constipated, 2-3 days later went to use the bathroom and passed a "larger than normal'' stool and noticed that there was blood in the toilet and on toilet paper. (So much that I thought I had started my period and didn't realize it, but I hadn't.) I feel as though I haven't finished and there is alot of pressure from my rectum. I am VERY scared!! I want to know if this sounds like something "normal" (I know rectal bleeding is not normal.) or something "SERIOUS". I have not had any foreign objects (penis or any other) inserted into my rectum. And do not have std's and don't have hemmorids (had them when pregnant). Oh and the blood is not in my stool, only on it. Any information would be usefull! Thanks!!
I am not a medico but from your description it looks to be that the bleeding might have been due to the extra pressure you had to put in to pass out your stool, due to your constipation.
Since you had a history of hemorrhoids during your pregnancy this is the only plausible explanation I see. However you should see your doc asap.
Take care and get well soon.
Regards,
Raj.
I would think that it is hemmroids..just cuz you cannot feel them on outside dont mean they are not there there are inside hemroids I had them and its excruciating to go to bathroom..felt like i had pressure when i tried to go it was terrible...when you finally went you couldve torn if it isnt still bleeding you should be fine but should follow up wit ur DR
i could be due to internal haemmorhoids that you cant see outside or feel outside as a pile mass.do you have any spurious diarrhoea ,pain during defeacation  and mucus with blood in the stools.you can do colonoscopy and confirm it whether it is a pile mass if no mass is seen u can go for a  biopsy using yeomans forcepsto ruleout carcinoma rectum .see to that you have anemia ,malnutrition,loss of appetite,lossof weight,altered bowel habits