Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Blood vessels randomly breaking in the face
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood vessels randomly breaking in the face

Back in January 9th I was watching tv as I felt my face feel slightly warm and tingly. When I went to the bathroom I saw little red dots all around my mouth, cheeks, part of my neck, and on the skin in between my eye and ear. I went to the doctor and they put me on antibiotics telling me I probably had strep throat, tested me for it and sent me home. Two days later they called me up and told me I didn't have strep throat. After about four days the little red dots, which I found out were broken blood vessels went away.

I didn't get hit in the face or have a bad cough or vomit or anything. No pressure, they just randomly occured.

Yesterday same thing happened. Once again the doctors I saw at the ER were clueless. They sent me to a dermatologist today where three doctors evaluated me and none of them came up with an answer. So, once again I got tested for strep throat which will more than likely come back negative again.

They said I might have a virus in me causing my skin to react by the vessels in my face breaking, or something like that. Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced something similar?

Do you think I should be worried? Since all the doctors I asked didn't give me a thorough answer since they were all clueless. So I'm really hoping someone has heard of blood vessels in the face breaking randomly and could give me some input.

Btw, I feel GREAT otherwise! Completely healthy!
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
425455_tn?1204942165
Did you actually have blood on your face?  If so, then I'm going through a similar problem, but I'm having more symptoms like joint pain, fatigue, etc.  I started having blood seep through my pores on my face, but then it spread to my legs, chest, arms...basically all over.  The doctors said my blood vessels were bursting and leaking out onto my skin.  One doctor diagnosed me with a rare blood disease called vasculitis, but now 2 doctors tell me I probably don't have vasculitis, b/c I have normal blood work.  I've had this problem for a little over a month now and still no diagnosis, although I believe the doctors are getting closer.  I would recommend seeing other doctors and have some blood work run, plus really keep an eye on your body.  I'm still having bleeding on and off, plus I have all kinds of little red dots start popping up called angiomas, which were confirmed by a skin biopsy.  Right now I'm seeing a family doctor and a dermatologist, and I'm getting ready to see a hematologist and rheumatologist.  I wish I could help you out more.  I just thought I'd let you know that I'm going through something that sounds kind of the same.  BTW, in my opinion, one of the dermatologists should have biopsied one of those little red dots.  So far, none of the doctors think I have strep, however it has been suggested that I may have some virus, since viruses can do weird things to your body.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank