Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bloodshot eyes due to anesthesia

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Bloodshot eyes due to anesthesia

I had a root canal (left side) done recently. I was given anesthesia which I felt was too strong. I felt my heart beating faster and was a little light headed. The upper left side of my body was trembling a little initially. 2 days later my left eye is bloodshot and has been the same for 4 days now. Will it resolve itself? What should I do?

This discussion is related to Problems after anesthesia.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If it is related to the response to anesthesia then the only possibility is capillary break and bleeding. Redness in the eyes can be due to allergy, dry eyes, a turned in eyelash, foreign body in the eye, corneal ulcer, conjunctivitis, cataract, glaucoma and in case of high blood pressure or coughing. It can also be a sign of stress, eye strain or poor eye sight. Please consult an eye specialist. Take care!