Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Body Out of Whack

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Body Out of Whack

5 months ago I began feeling a little off, nauseous. tired, tender breasts, headaches, post nasal drip thing that turned into a horrible cough, crampy, hungry (which I am never hungry even when I was pregnant). Then my period came at 21 days instead of usual 28, it was light and kind of clumpy (its always light so it was pretty much nothing).

This continued for a while then I began getting a light fluttering in my stomach, got pretty bloaty (I am on the thinner side) and was gassy alot (which is very unusual for me). I had my tubes tied 11 years ago and have no desire for another child so it's not in my brain. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests (all negative) and got my check up along with an ultrasound about 1.5  months into my first symptoms.

I went pretty close to a month of feeling a little better and I have gotten a light, clumpy menstration each month erratically between 26 - 31 days apart. The last one was again at 21 days. Then about a week after my last menstrual I got this really sharp pain in my lower right ovary area, right above the hip and my lower abdomen ached the remainder of the day. Since then I have been cramping worse the headaches have come back, breasts hurt more than ever, and I'm having this strange rolling and kicking sensation in my stomach.

My doctor already thinks I am crazy I think from when I was in there 3-4 months ago. Anyway I just wonder if I could have a tumor, or worms, irritable bowel,  or a crazy hormonal inbalance.  Trying to figure out what kind of doctor to go see. Whatever it is is driving me crazy.
your symptoms aren't specific so it's difficult to tell BUT

if it's true that it all began with nasal drip, cough etc. that sounds like you caught an infection , maybe viral.

I have been having pretty bad health in the past year almost, it all started with headache and "water" leaking from the nose.

what do you mean exactly with nasal drip? for me it was like when you dive and inhale water by accident, I'd lean my head forward to have it leak out. it was totally watery nothing like a cold. two months after I had cough but nothing too bad.

did you do blood tests?
Estrogen dominance lists every one of your symptoms.  Treatments include bioidentical progesterone cream (Progensa 20), herbal formula (ProSoothe) - contains dandelion and vitex (chaste tree) but you can purchase vitex on its own, and milk thistle (Silymarin).

From "Women Living Naturally - Estrogen Dominance"...

"Estrogen Dominance and the symptoms associated with it:

Acceleration of the aging process
Allergies, including asthma, hives, rashes, sinus congestion
Autoimmune disorders such as lupus erythematosis, thyroiditis,and Sjoegren's
Breast cancer
Breast tenderness
Cervical dysplasia
Cold hands and feet as a symptom of thyroid dysfunction
Copper excess
Decreased sex drive
Depression with anxiety or agitation
Dry eyes
Early onset of menstruation
Endometrial (uterine) cancer
Fat gain, especially around the abdomen, hips and thighs
Fatigue
Fibrocystic breasts
Foggy thinking
Gallbladder disease
Hair Loss
Headaches
Hypoglycemia
Increased blood clotting (increasing risk of strokes)
Infertility
Irregular menstrual periods
Irritability
Insomnia
Magnesium deficiency
Memory loss
Mood swings
Osteoporosis
Polycystic ovaries
Premenopausal bone loss
PMS
Sluggish metabolism
Thyroid dysfunction mimicking hypothyroidism
Uterine cancer
Uterine fibroids
Water retention & bloating
Zinc deficiency

When Estrogen Dominance occurs within the body these are some of the results:

Endometriosis
Blood Clots
Elevated Blood Pressure
Fibroid Breasts
Infertility
Irregular Menstrual Flow
Uterine Fibroids
Breast Tenderness
Mood Swings
Uterine Cancer
Hair Loss
Depression
Weight Gain
Migraine Headaches
Spotting
Breast Cancer Risk
Insomnia
Inflammation
Abnormal Pap Smears
Fluid Retention
Cramping
Vaginal Dryness
Thyroid Imbalances
Decrease in Memory
Low or No Sex Drive"
No I have not. Doctor didn't want to do it. Told me I needed to see a regular doctor not a Gyno. Which if it's a hormonal inbalance shouldn't I be seeing her for it?
well if the Gyno. said it's not a problem for his specialty that's good, see a GP.

there is no reason to believe your problem could be caused by a tumor or hormonal imbalance.

if it started from that sort of a cold then probably you caught some almost asymptomatic viral that has burdened your immune system.

you need to do Complete Blood Count and ESR at least in search of indirect signs of infections. not necessarily though it will show up on blood tests.

Well thanks for your reply but it turns out that I am 23 weeks pregnant. No positive pregnancy test, just started my menstrual last week, but last nights ultrasound didn't lie.
ah huh! then I guess there's enough progesterone in your body!

I think I misunderstood I thought you had already been visited by a Gynecologist! you didn't say you hadn't had your period in months... or any ways I didn't get that !

or was it something like this? :

"Having said that, bleeding in early pregnancy is surprisingly common. You may have what looks like a period. This is known as breakthrough bleeding. It happens when the hormones that control your menstrual cycle break through the pregnancy hormones that are flooding your body.

Bleeding may happen when the fertilised egg implants into the lining of your uterus (womb). This usually happens at about the time your period would have been due, and is called implantation bleeding. It's thought that any blood you notice around this time is more likely to be because of breakthrough bleeding than implantation bleeding.

It's only natural to be worried if you have spotting or bleeding at this time. It's a good idea to tell your doctor or midwife about any bleeding, because occasionally, it can be a cause for concern. Unfortunately, sometimes bleeding may be the first sign of a miscarriage. If so, it probably won't feel like a normal period. You are likely to have stronger tummy cramps and much heavier bleeding. "

well best wishes!
I did go to a gyno. Had an ultrasound April 13th, which was when I was 7 weeks pregnant, and they didn't see anything. I also had my blood checked and was at a 2. I have had a heavier, clottier than usual menstral each month, although they were at 23 to 31 days apart when they are usually 28 exactly.

Shouldn't have happened with my tubes tied arrrrg!
well you found out eventually that it wasn't menstrual. they should look into the cause of that and take it into consideration!