Body aches, chills, headache...virus?
Hi everyone,
I am concerned about my husband (36 y.o.) and searching for info online.  About a week ago, he started feeling achy all over & weak.  He thought it was from doing a lot of yard work, but then he developed severe chills & a fever during the night.  He went to the doctor, who said it was probably a virus.  The next day he felt much better & was able to work for the next 3 days.  He thought he was totally better.  Then last night he woke up with a headache during the night.  He took ibuprofen, which did not help.  The headache has continued now for almost 24 hours (meds do not help) & he has developed the chills again (no fever this time) & body aches.  

Any thoughts on this?  I was wondering about Lyme, since he was working in the yard, although we didn't find a tick or rash.  Could a virus come & go like that?

Thanks!
(I'm just a layperson)

Did the doctor check for meningitis?  Have you checked his blood pressure to see if it is too high?  That can occur sometimes with a prolonged headache.  With a headache for that long, if it is not a usual headache for him, I think you should have him go to the doctor.  He probably wishes now he hadn't gone back to work so soon:0(
Welcome to the forum!
With a history of fever and chills followed by a headache meningitis should be ruled out. The other possibility is viral fever. This can also cause a persisting headache. Third possibility is a high blood pressure with viral fever. Viral fevers come and go and their severity depends on the body’s ability to fight out the infection. Another possibility is pinched cervical spinal nerves—he could have strained his neck while working. This can cause a persistent headache. Fever chills and headache is also seen in malaria. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor and discuss these possibilities.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, headache, chills, stiff neck was started.
A related discussion, What is wrong with me? was started.