Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Body over heating

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Body over heating

I am 37 yrs old.I have been having problems with my body over heating since my last pregnancy 6.5 yrs ago. I had severe over heating when I was pregnant. I would for no reason start to heat up and sweat. I would get a sudden rush of heat going through my body and my heart would beat rapidly. Then I would have to rush to the bathroom because what ever was inside of me would burst out. After my preg I am still having prob but not as drastic. It has made my life in the warmer months unbearable. Its not always in the summer. I can be indoors in a cool room sitting and all of a sudden Im noticably sweating. If I go out in the warm weather after about 30 min I look like I have a very bad sun burn and I feel like there is fire comming out of my face. I go inside and take a cool shower and I come out of the shower still sweating. It takes about30-60 min after I come out of the heat to stop sweating.I also occasionally hear my heart beating irregularly. Mostly when Im laying down. I was told about 5 yrs ago that Im probably going through early menapause. My periods are still normal.My blood pressure is usually about 110 over 69.I was checked about two yrs ago for diabetes and was fine. I had hypo thyroid after my second daughter but has been norm for last 7yrs. My mother and grand went into menapause in their mid 40s. Can you at least tell me what type of DR. I should go see.
Thyroid problems should be ruled out, as this can cause some of the symptoms you describe.  A blood test can rule this out.  

Irregular heart beats can be cause by a variety of arrhythmias.  A Holter or event monitor can catch and analyze this possibility.  I would also obtain an echocardiogram to rule out structural abnormalities.

Early menopause can be considered, and blood tests like an FSH and estrogen level can be monitored for this possibility.  

An endocrinologist would be an appropriate specialist for these symptoms. You can also talk to a cardiologist regarding the heart symptoms.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_