Body temperature fluctuates
I will sometimes check my body temperature in the mornings and in the afternoons. In the morning, it's usually around 97.9, but sometimes it will be between there and 98.3. I rarely see 98.6.

However, if I check it when I get home at night, it's usually 99.5 and as sometimes even as high 100.

I have no fever, no chills, I don't feel sick, blood tests in the past have all come back fine. I'm not exercising during the day or prior to taking my temperature. I work behind a desk all day then come straight home.

Does anyone know why my temperature would fluctuate like this even though I am not doing anything to make it fluctuate?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well, not all human beings have the perfect bookish body temperature. If your body temperature is constant for a particular time of the day or night measured over a week, there is nothing to worry about. The temperature is lowest early in the morning. At night when you come back from work allow yourself sometime to acclimatize to your home temperature. Then record your temperature. Is it hot outside? Also if your water and fluid intake is poor throughout the day then temp can go up to 100 at night. Try to increase your fluid intake and see.
If you are low on iron or anemic, have diabetes or thyroid problems then you can have temperature fluctuations. Get blood tests done to rule these out.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I'm thinking it's thyroid problems because I tend to get tired in the afternoons and have other related symptoms. I've had a TSH test, but it came back ok, although it was borderline low.

I'm pretty sure my fluid intake is good. I drink at least one 20 oz Gatorade a day (too keep my electrolytes up) and drink water throughout the day as well.

I've got another blood test coming up...I'll have to see what it says.

Thanks for the reply!