Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bog Toe Tips Numb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Bog Toe Tips Numb

Well, I have been reading so many posts on here about people having numbness in the big toes, it must be so freakin common.
The very tips of my big toes are numb, just the tips in the front. I am 47. Guess when I first noticed this? When I was 15!!!
I remember how it freaked me out. I still have that numbness. I am in good health otherwise.
I only notice it when I happen to think about it, and the more I play with the area testing it the number it feels.

This discussion is related to Numbness in Big Toe.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Numbness of big toe can be due to pinched nerve, poor circulation, faulty foot wear, diabetic neuropathy, leprosy, nerve injury, multiple sclerosis and frost bite. This needs to be investigated before a final cause can be pin pointed.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination (blood sugar, thyroid levels, hemoglobin, etc) followed by proper referral. You may need nerve conduction studies. Also it can be something which you notice when you are anxious.
Take care!
You may want to consider seeing a physical therapist that specializes in BACK and NECK problems.  After 3 years of numbness in a part of my big toe and tired of getting no real answers, and additionally lower back pain, I demanded from my PCP that I receive an x-ray.  All the PCP could really do was suggest 3 advil for 3 times a day forever!  (Nuts!!! I want my liver to last!)  After not really finding anything significant from the x-ray, she finally suggested physical therapy and I was sent to someone that has been amazing!!!!  The Center for Physical Therapy in Cincinnati Ohio is the BEST!  With great guidance and help and also patience and doing what the PT says (!), I am amazed at how well I feel after 6 weeks going 3 times a week.  In the past few days I am slowly getting that "buzzing" feeling that my toe is "waking up"!!!  It is brief and is taking time to awaken but I can be patient after 3 years!  The PT says it takes 1 mm a day for a nerve to rebuild, so I know it would take time to get there! She has been wonderful and explains everything so well.  I have not be allowed to bend forward or lift or play any sports and have been treating my back as if it were broken and in a cast. Laying on my stomach every 2 hrs (as much as possible) for 15 minutes.  I also have exercises to do while on the floor.  She has taught me how to eliminate any pain a have!!   It looks like I will begin my "flexion" this coming week!  My toe has felt less and less numb during this whole process and it is just wonderful. You need to question if your problem is from the nerves in your back and know that there is an answer!!!!  : ) .  Don't settle and seek out a great PT !!!!!!!
A related discussion, sleep was started.