Boil behind ear?
Hi. I've had what appears to be a boil behind my right ear lobe. It sore, warm and slightly itchy. What worries me is right below it is sore, too...in my right side neck area. The last few days that area also feels like it is getting a hard lump under my skin, but this lump is not sore,warm like the boil behind my ear. My right side upper shoulder/neck is also sore. When I turn my head right it is sore. I'm not really sure what this all means. Do you think I should go to the doctor?
Yes, I would definitely have your doctor take a look. He will weed through the things that it could be, but it sounds like it could possibly be MRSA, which is a staph infection.  
Please see a doctor immediately!! Hopefully it will only be a nasty case of MRSA. No scare tactics here, but we are finding a lot of people with cancers in the throat and neck with very similar symptoms. The strange thing is that this is a CA normally found in the uterus/ovaries. It can affect the throat/neck of men and women. It is often misdiagnosed as MRSA/ boils (which are both types of staph infections) or spider bites. The people here care, so please let us know the outcome. And make sure they take samples from the area--don't let them get by with just a visual inspection of the area. You can say, "it's not that I don't trust you--I don't trust this thing".
Seems I have a fever now, too. I am definetly making an appointment for Monday.