Breast Cancer
Please look at my photo. I have a significant large lump on my 11th & 12th left rib.
Only discovered 3 months ago.
It is very hard like a rock. Immoveable.
My mother & grandmother both died of breat cancer.
Can you have a breast cancer lump on your rib? Also, as low as the bottom of my rib?
I have had normal chest x-ray, bone scan and blood tests.
Any ideas???
Just stay with your doc on this one...and if your doc cannot come up with an answer than get another opinion.
have you already seen a doctor? if you, how the findings? if not... I think this is really serious and you should see a doctor right away. better safe than sorry.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A lump this large should be investigated by a CT scan and diagnosed—is it a lipoma or a muscle tumor? If bone scan is normal, then it has not originated from the bone. It can also be an aberrant breast tumor. Since you have a strong family history, get a mammography done. Take care!
Thank you so much for your comment. I am having an MRI & CT scan on the 16th feb. I wasn't sure if these scans would detect anything. I also wasn't sure if you could have a breat tumour that low.
The waiting is a killer. I'm not very patient. lol
I'm hoping they will do a biopsy to but i'll wait to see what the scans come back as first. Thanks!
Your pic is exactly the same as my 15 year old daughters.  Did you get a diagnosis?
I have a similar lump/bump, only it's further to the left of my rib/side. Have you gotten a diagnosis?