Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Broken Knuckle or Bruised Knuckle?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Broken Knuckle or Bruised Knuckle?

So, I punched a wall and hit my ring finger knuckle on the corner of the wall and it felt like my knuckle got pushed into my hand a little.  It swelled up pretty badly, and the swelling goes down to my wrist. However I can still move all of my fingers and my hand, and the pain hasn't gotten worse. This was all 2 days ago.
Question: I am in a foreign country and wont be home for about 9 more days, if I do not see a doctor here and my hand is in fact broken, will it be too late to fix it by the time I get back to the U.S.?
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If there is a fracture, the earlier it is strapped and set, the better it is. If it is delayed, then the bones may start setting at a wrong angle and can cause a deformity. Hence get an X-ray and proper treatment wherever you are. Also if there is a tendon injury, then this should also be treated within time.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!