Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Brucella test came back positive for Brucellosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My test came back positive for Brucellosis.  Although my symptoms are more similar to leptospirosis symptoms.  I have been having sever headaches and other neurological problems. These to me though seem to be the damage done from it.  I also live in MA, and work in RI both which are disease free states.  The disease specialist though that I am seeing says that me having headaches and other problems have nothing to do with me having had brucellosis.  The other problem is that it is so uncommon I will put it a zero chance that anybody in this part of the country would even get it that the doctors also don't know how to handle it.  To top it all off I have seven different doctors soon to be eight.  They also found red and white blood cells in my yearn but keep telling me nothing is wrong.  They are testing that now for TB.  If that comes back negative they are going to send me to a Urologist.  I am also taking a 100mg of amitriptaline to try and help control the headaches.  I was on Depikote 500mg twice a day 50mg of amitriptaline.  They thought I was having little seizers.  I have been sick know for almost nine months .  Which they have only recently had done that pointed to brucella.  That is along time to find out what is wrong with a person. I just need somebody that knows more then what my doctors know about brucellosis and can help me.  Everything I have read say that one of the symptoms is sever headaches.  Yes I have already taken antibiotics.  
My doctors keep saying though all my problems have nothing to do with this.  But before I got sick there was nothing wrong.  So how come I have all these problems know.  If there is a disease specialist out there  who can help me please let me know.  Thank you
-7 Comments

I sent you some (hopefully) helpful information. Please check your inbox.

Best,

PlateletGal
Out of curiosity how long can brucellosis stay in your body? I have just found out in 1982 I was kind of giving a diagnosis of brucellosis didnt even know about it. Since that date have been ill on and off for years.

I have neurolgoical problems now for 3 years and have found a web site that indicates untreated brucellosis can affect the CNS. Every symptoms matches even the ones in 1982.

Just curious really. I have just had a lumber puncture which showed bands in the CNS and the blood serum. My neurologist hasnt got a clue what is wrong with me, even though he thinks I have MS but I am wondering.