Bruise Like Spots On Leg
My husband is getting bruise like spots on his leg. He says he feels no pain but they are big spots that are bluish-purple. It definitely does not look right and I am really concerned. What could it be?
there are a few possibilities...iron deficiency,anemia, leukemia...other types of blood related cancers and disorders...he should go to the doctor, its no thing to mess around with.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
If your husband is not on any medications like anticoagulants, blood thinners or birth control pills then this could be due to clotting disorders, fragile spider veins, deep vein thrombus, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease or certain cancers. It could also be due to pressure urticaria. If he is on medications then you need to discuss that with your doctor.
Your husband needs a comprehensive investigation taking all these points in consideration. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly.  Do let me know if there is any thing else you want to know. Take care!