Bruised Veins on Hands

My name is Rosie.  I'm seeing that purple veins about 1 inch long are beginning to appear for no reason at all on both hands.  Does anyone have a similar situation?

Thanks,
Rose
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, if you are very fair skinned and the skin is thin with less of underlying fat, then veins can be visible and look prominent whenever they are engorged with deoxygenated blood (has a bluish tinge). This is a normal finding and nothing to be perturbed about. It may look unsightly and cause stress therefore.
Other than this it can be due to peripheral vascular disease, faulty deep veins’ valves and high blood pressure. Kidney function tests should also be done. A duplex ultrasound of the vein will need to be carried out.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!