Bruising after drinking alcohol
I an not a drinker and have not been for most of my life I am 37 Yrs old. This means no alcohol not even the once a month drink. After recently going through a divorce I began drinking once a week, meaning a glass of wine here and there with friends at dinner etc. A few days ago I went out with some friends and drank way to much, 2 shots of Tequila and 2 long island Ice Teas. This is alot for me and I was super sick. Two days later 2 bruises showed up, one on the top of my thigh and the other on my inner arm. I asked the people I was with and I did not injure these areas at all. The bruises are not purple they are just very dark small patches. I am going to the doctor however I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this before. Is my body just not use to the alcohol being in my system therefore it is thinning my blood to much? Thanks for any comments that you can provide.
it could be that and it could also be you have clots of blood but then again when that happens it looks like a bruise...so it could just be from the alchol..brittany
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you are a lady, and on birth control pills then alcohol could have aggravated the bruising that these pills can cause. The other possibility is a dip in Vit K following alcohol use. It an also be an allergic reaction to some ingredient such as yeast, preservative, gluten, coloring agent etc.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!