Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
BryanW
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

BryanW

I am a 43 year old male, decent shape, 5'11", 155 lbs, run 3-4 days per week, 4 miles per. I have fatigue, left shoulder pain, weakness in left arm and hand, swollen-small lumps in left side of neck. I just got over a bad cold that I think turned to brochitis due to the amount of junk I coughed up 3 weeks after the cold went away. I still have a dry cough, as well a possible sinus infection. I am going today for a sinus ct scan, as I do have chronic sinus infections. My main concern here is the fatigue,left shoulder pain, weakness in left arm, tingling left pinky and ring finger, weakness in left hand, sometimes weakness in my left leg, and lumps in neck. I do have a concern of ALS or MS being the problem? What kind of advise can you give me?
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
I agree with the CT scan of the sinuses.  Any upper respiratory infection can lead to the enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.  If it persists, a biopsy can be considered to exclude lymphoma.  

Any neurological condition can lead to some of the weakness you describe.  An MRI would rule out things like MS and possibly ALS.  You can also consider an EMG or nerve conduction study as well to further evaluate the tingling for any peripheral nerve dysfunction.

A referral to a neurologist is recommended.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker