Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bulging left lower ribcage, dull pain ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

What could be causing dull discomfort pain, in my lower Rib cage area? If you put both of your hands at the bottom of your ribcage, with your hand still on the ribcage but at the bottom, (pinky finger end at the edge of ribcage, and your hands are about 6 inches apart..?   just grab your man boob or real boob and and just go straight down to the end of the ribcage..?  i poke at it and whatever but that doesn't make it more painful or anything, it feels like it's coming from the inside of the ribcage..but more up front..... and i remember eating few times that discomfort came on, and couple of times it was also accompanied by weird body pain around my neck area too, near the collar bone...

also my left ribcage bulges out burther than my right side, it's like if my right rib is like a squashed tube, my left side is a round tube... ?? i don't know if it's always been that way or not,.. but it's weird..

Tags: ribcage pain, ribcage pain discomfort
Thats where your spleen is. It's either fighting an infection overtime or you injured it somehow. I had the exact same symptoms when I ate some bad Chinese food. My lypmph nodes in my neck got swollen as well. It then progressed into a whole load of issues (see my question).
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You could be having hiatal hernia where stomach herniates through the diaphragm, spleen enlargement or if there is a history of trauma, then yes it could be a broken bone. You could also be suffering from GERD or gastric reflux.
Both GERD and hiatal hernia symptoms can be relieved by omeprazole. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. Avoid heavy meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Go to bed at least 2 hours after food.
You can try these tips. However consult your PCP once as the exact diagnosis cannot be reached on net.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!