Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Bulging ribs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bulging ribs

A few years ago i started to notice more and more that my bottom ribs started to bulge or "pop" out. Ever since, i have been embarrassed to take my shirt off in front of everyone. i have no pain whats so ever but they stick out very dramatically. i am 160 pounds and i am 5,8". i seem to be fine but i would like to know a little bit about what it might be. i wish to make them go in to normal size but no matter how hard i try i can't. Also tried to exercise on my abs but i am afraid i will make it worse! please help.
4 Comments
Blank
       You probably need to see a doctor.
It could be that you are lacking sunlight or Vitamin D.  I don't know as you don't give very much information.
     Or it could be that your ribs are protruding because you are bloated or have a hernia.  
      Exercising your abs can make them stick out further as exercising can swell the muscles...
       If you are belching or burping more than usual, it could be a stomach or acid problem.

Please ask a doctor.   Wishing you the best
Blank
thank you. i didn't know much information about it but some of your comments made me think even though i have no pain whats so ever i might as well be completely sure and see a doctor
Blank
Hi , Im 48 yrs old female with COPD lung desease. From smoking. My Dr. told me that if my ribs do that to get to them as soon as possible. it is probably not the case with you but he told me that if the lungs are swelling it will cause the ribs to protrude outward. Im not saying that this is what is wrong with you but i will say go to your doctor and get checked. it could be nothing or something that needs fixing. good luck... i hope you get your answer.
Blank
thank you. i can honestly say back a few years i was stupid enough to smoke but i have been clean for over 2 years now. it might be the case but i think i would have to see the doctor for this. :( thank you so much
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank