Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Burbs that smell and taste like rotten eggs with severe diarrhea follow...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Burbs that smell and taste like rotten eggs with severe diarrhea following soon after

I'm looking for some help. I'm in desperate need of relief. About a year and a half ago one Sunday afternoon I started burbing and it smelled and tasted like rotten eggs. About four hours after it started I began to have severe diarrhea. About the fourth bout of squirts, I had to grab the garbage can because not only was I squirting but at the same time I was also puking. Bear in mind the rotten egg burbs did not go away. So I go to bathroom grab the garbage can squirt, puke, burp, wash my hands real good, then go lay back down. This goes on for about a day sometimes two. It goes away just like it came. Can someone please help with this? It's causing me to miss work. It happens about every two weeks.
1 Comment
It looks like acute gastritis and gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is usually after eating a heavy fatty meal and sedantry lifestyle. It can also be caused by drinking too much alcohol, prolonged use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen, or infection with bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).

Eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.

Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta. You can also take ranitidine or omeprazole after prescription. Also keep your fluid electrolyte balance optimum by drinking lots of fluids.

If the symptoms worsen then it may be due to H.Pylori infection. You need antibiotics in that case after prescription from a physician.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.