Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Burning feeling and numb heel
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning feeling and numb heel

Hi, Im a 24 y/o student about 3 weeks ago I was walking my dogs up a not so steep hill, as I always do, when I felt something like burning on the outside of my left heel, not on the sole, I kept on walking and just shrugged it off.  The same thing happened the following days and I noticed that it only happened when I stretched my leg like when you are doing calf stretches on an inclined surface or steps, but i can bend my foot and it doesnt hurt.  Then, a few days ago the pain was really bad and I decide to try to massage my heel, and to my surprise I noticed that the spot where my heel hurts its completely numb.  I think I feel pressure when I touch it but its probably because I know Im touching it.  Earlier this afternoon, I compared it with my other heel and also touched it with something sharp, not causing any injury of course, and I didnt feel a thing on that spot.  I looked it up online and the only thing I found was plantar fascitis but with that the pain is on the inside of the heel on the sole, not like mine.  So, anyone out here has any ideas??   Is it ok for me to wait until I see the doctor in 3 months?  thanx LILI