Burning feeling and numb heel
Hi, Im a 24 y/o student about 3 weeks ago I was walking my dogs up a not so steep hill, as I always do, when I felt something like burning on the outside of my left heel, not on the sole, I kept on walking and just shrugged it off.  The same thing happened the following days and I noticed that it only happened when I stretched my leg like when you are doing calf stretches on an inclined surface or steps, but i can bend my foot and it doesnt hurt.  Then, a few days ago the pain was really bad and I decide to try to massage my heel, and to my surprise I noticed that the spot where my heel hurts its completely numb.  I think I feel pressure when I touch it but its probably because I know Im touching it.  Earlier this afternoon, I compared it with my other heel and also touched it with something sharp, not causing any injury of course, and I didnt feel a thing on that spot.  I looked it up online and the only thing I found was plantar fascitis but with that the pain is on the inside of the heel on the sole, not like mine.  So, anyone out here has any ideas??   Is it ok for me to wait until I see the doctor in 3 months?  thanx LILI

Burning sensation and numbness on the outside of the heel can be due to poor circulation, especially in diabetes or peripheral arterial disease. The circulation problem can lead to nerve damage (peripheral neuropathies).So pls get your blood sugar levels evaluated and magnetic arterial angiogram or Doppler ultrasound to see the patency of arteries and if there is any obstruction in these arteries.

Other possibilities may be vit B12 deficiency,thyroid disorders or neurological causes like TIA or stroke,motor neuron disease and autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis and lupus.But possibility of peripheral neuropathy is more.Pls consult a vascular surgeon for that.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.