Burning/pain in left outer thigh
For about 4 days now I have had a burning pain that randomly starts in my outer left thigh, usually when I roll over during my sleep.  An ache stays with me throughout the day, and the ache has kind of a cooling sensation with it.  As a background, I am quite obese, 5'7", 275 pounds.  I started exercising right before this started, trying to lose some weight.  I did not injure myself in any way that I am aware of, and there is no visual problem with the affected area.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Should I go to the doctor?

Your symptoms are suggestive of sciatica. Sciatica is a symptom not a diagnosis It is a non-specific term commonly used to describe symptoms of pain radiating downward from the buttock over the posterior or lateral side of the lower limb. It is caused by certain positions are usually associated with continually holding a poor posture either at home or at work.

Imaging methods such as MR Neurography may help diagnosis and treatment of sciatica. You can take OTC pain killers like brufen,do some stretching exercises and yoga and maintain a correct upright posture while sitting.

Severe cases may require surgery.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.