Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Burning sensation in torso

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Burning sensation in torso

I have ongoing pain from when I broke my ribs about a year ago. I usually attribute any torso and back pain to that, but today I'm having a sort of burning sensation in my stomach/rib area. Usually the pain is on my left side where the ribs were broken, but it's more in the middle today. It hurts more when I sit up. I've never had a problem with stomach acid or heartburn.
I had a good day about five days ago so I used it to do the dishes and clean up a little. In the past couple of days, my pain has gotten worse. I've only done usual things around the house (less than the average person does is the norm for me) Picking up clothes, a little bit of sewing, etc. Nothing strenuous.
I ate a large muffin thinking if I had something in my stomach it would help, but it didn't. I took two 7.5mg percocet, and it still kind of "burns".
Any ideas? Do you think it's some kind of inflamation (inflammation)? Could I take ibuprofin with the percocet?
I have a physical therapy appt. for my ribs in a few days, and a doctor appt. in a couple weeks.
On another, possibly unrelated note, I would like to ask about another symptom I've been experiencing occasionally.
I sometimes have sharp pain in my left chest/breast area. Almost in the middle of my chest but slightly to the left. I can't tell if it's in my breast, my bones, or some kind of heart thing. It's just a sharp pain and gets worse if I lay on my right side. I think it could be hormones/menstural-related, or my breast is still growing (that one has always been a little smaller).

By the way I'm 19 years old. Female obviously.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The pain can be a normal growing pain of breast or it could be fibroadenosis. The pain can also be due to pinched nerve. It can also be due to dermatitis if you see some redness or rash. The pain can also be due to costochondritis, since you have a history of injury. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. It can also be muscle pull. Shingles can also start this way.
Apart from that it could also be a heart burn. To be on safe side, get a 12 lead EKG done to rule out heart conditions (unlikely at your age).
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!