Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Burping after Gallbladder Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Burping after Gallbladder Surgery

Crazy burping and burning after any tiny meal, what is it?

This discussion is related to burping and numbness after gall bladder removal.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Generally diaphragmatic irritation leads to frequent hiccups or even burps. GERD or reflux disease or hiatal hernia can all cause right diaphragm irritation. Heavy meals or acidity that cause distension of the duodenum or any cause for distension of the small intestine can cause irritation of diaphragm or phrenic or vagus nerve. Liver and gall bladder problems too can irritate the right diaphragm. Since you had gall bladder surgery, may be there is a localized infection or inflammation that is irritating the diaphragm. Also electrolyte imbalance post surgery could be the cause. Hence get your serum electrolytes done. Please consult the surgeon again regarding this.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
HI...ask to be checked for H.Pylori...plus meds from surgery can aggravate the stomach....so a OTC gerd med may be helpful.

Talk to ur dr.

"selma'
Hi, I also had this problem after gall bladder surgery. How long ago was your surgery? Did you have any stones in your gall bladder?
I started taking digestive enzymes to help with the digestion of my food and that helped with the excessive gas and burning for a while. Things progressively got worse. My doctors couldn't tell me why this was happening or what was going on. Six months after surgery I developed fibromyalgia. A year later with many more problems added to the fibromyalgia, my endocrinologist believes that my excessive gas,fibromyalgia and all of my other problems were caused by insulin resistance. She discovered that I also had inflammation of the thyroid which caused me to have slow digestion, constipation, fatigue and other problems. The insulin resistance causes the excess gas because you are unable to digest carbs properly that is why the digestive enzymes helped with the gas. I believe the insulin resistance is related to my gall bladder problems. Insulin resistance can mess up many things in your body. To get tested for it you have to have a 3 hr. glucose / insulin test.
Good Luck
I forgot to mention that when you have your gall bladder removed you will have a harder time digesting fat. This is another reason you need to take digestive enzymes with every meal. When I ingest any fat it causes me to be very gassy, just like the carbohydrates.