Buttock and outer thigh pain
   Some times i pain starting from my left buttocks to back of the thigh.When the pain comes i feel my left leg is very weak and i cant walk.If i take rest for few minutes, i can walk but the pain is still there with less intensity.This process used to happen occasionally when i do some physical activity like sweeping or when i hand wash clothes.This similar pain also occurs sometime when i lift my left leg during sleep But now when i walk little fast pain starts from somewhere in my left buttocks to the back of knee.When i sit i don't have pain.There is no pain when i touch these areas.It pains as though it is coming from somewhere inside.
        Could you please tell me what is the problem with my left leg.
Regards,
Shiffy
Sounds like there could be many answers to this question. sciatic nerve, pulled muscle, go see a Dr... It could be nothing or it could be something..

Take care..
Hi Shiffy,  This sounds like sciatica, Medhelp has tons of great info on this symptom, as well as treatments and resources:
http://www.medhelp.org/tags/show/6376/sciatica
Here's a great post talking a bit about conditions that could be causing this.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology-Neurosurgery/heavy--achy-legs-where-to-go-from-here/show/1208559
Your pain is typical of sciatica, and usually an MRI of the lumbar spine L1-L5 provides a definitive diagnosis. There is pressure on your sciatic nerve.  X-rays are worthless. It is important to catch this early, avoid improper or heavy lifting and go to a physical therapist (under direction of a physician- NOT a chiropractor). The exercises can only be taught in person. Sleeping with a pillow between your legs often brings relief.
  Whom should i consult a physician or a neurologist?
Regards,
Shiffy
This sounds very sciatica to me,have you tried anti-inflammatories?
Also ginger is very good for sciatica.
A good physician could help.
Also a MRI, you may find out you have got some degenerative disc disease.

Sciatica is awful, and can really get you down,
Caregiver 222 as given some useful tips on sleeping and not lifting heavy objects.
Good luck
Nicola
You need a physical therapist, who is usually referred by a physician with some knowledge of this problem. A good GP used to be able to handle this, but these days everybody is a specialist. I would consult a specialist in sports medicine, because they know that an athlete with this problem needs to get back in shape and are in touch with some excellent rehabilitative specialists.

You have to immediately cease all heavy lifting, take anti-inflammatories, (motrin) and give it a rest. This (unfortunatly) isn't going to get better.

The physical exercises will help tremendously.

It could be a single injured disc or generalized deterioration.

The MRI is the modern tool to make a defininitive diagnosis.

Depending on who you go to they often recommend immediate surgery. A procedure called a laminectomy. Don't do this except as a last resort.