CAN YOU HELP ME ?
I AM A 46 FEMALE WITH ANEMIA (COLONOSCOPY AND EGD GOOD)...ENDOSCOPIC PILL NEXT...I AM NOW HAVING ACUTE MIDDLE BACK PAINS...CAN YOU HELP ME?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are a few things which come to my mind. May be there is a bleeding in your gastrointestinal tract, say from an ulcer. Anemia could be due to poor intake, loss from body as happens in acidity and GERD, rectal polyps (ruled out in your case) etc, due to improper absorption or due to storage disorders. Also you need to get a pheripheral blood smear done to know the RBC count, structure and whether there is cytopenia (general decrease in cell count). The renal function and liver function needs to be checked as also electrophoresis of hemoglobin to know whether there is thalasemia trait or sickle cell anemia. You should get your stool examined for occult blood.
Middle back pain could be due to a bleeding stomach ulcer or due to spinal nerve compression.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!