Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
CD4%

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

CD4%

I was sure i had HIV..  Had all the symptoms, fever, swollen groin lymph nodes, just over all very unwell..
All the test came back negative.
But the thing that really bothers me is my CD4% is down at 17%..
Which is the same as someone with full blown Aids.
How and what can i do to to increase my CD4% ??
Tags: CD4
What and when was your last exposure (any of unprotected vaginal/anal sex or sharing drug works) and when did you take your HIV test other than that measuring your CD4?
what was your exact CD4 cell count?
My CD4 count total was 1063 but only 17%.
There was a nil viral load in my blood.
So its not HIV that has caused the problem.
I was so sick 3 weeks before my tests.
Im thinking prehaps dengue fever.
My CD4% now is not good.
Im taking vitamin C and B to try to help it come back to normal..
I still feel sick in the stomach with headaces and have no energy.
lots of things you said are irrelevant. People are asking when is your last exposure to possible HIV and after how long you took the first test which came back negative..

If test was negative after 3 months (very conservative), you should go to other STD test or see a psychology doctor
What are you talking about your CD4 cell count of 1063 is excellent.It would be nice if you told us what your exposure was so we can assist you.
the above poster sounds like he KNOWS that hiv is not the problem...just asking how to raise his cd4 percentage.

if you are having health concerns...see your dr.
Thank you Lizzie..  ITS NOT HIV THAT IS THE PROBLEM..  My test was negative and i have a NIL viral load.. But i am hoping someone on here will know about strengthening the immune system..  Yes 1063 is a normal for i non HIV person. But my overall CD4 total is only 17%.. That is shocking..   I need to raise my overall percentage. Thats all im asking if someone knows how ?
Fish Oil..  Vitamin C and B are things i have been told will naturally help my body raise its CD4%..
The relationship between immune function and nutritional supplementation is a well-described phenomenon.
Several prospective, randomized clinical trials now suggest that HIV-infected patients who take micronutrient supplements have improved clinical outcomes. They showed that daily doses of a micronutrient supplement taken by HIV-infected patients, in multiples of the recommended dietary allowances (including B-complex, vitamin C, and vitamin E), produced a significant increase in CD4 and CD8 cell counts when compared with those given placebo.
The mean absolute CD4 count increased by an average of 65 cells in the micronutrient group versus a 6-cell decline in the placebo group at 12 weeks. The absolute CD4 count increased by an average of 24% in the micronutrient group versus a 0% change in the placebo group.