Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Can depression make me this sick.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Can depression make me this sick.

I am a 30 y/o Male and have been dealing with being nauseous / dizzy feeling, vomiting, fatigue, stomach problems and feeling as if I am going to die. This is about the 5th day this has been going on. I was unable to eat for the first 3 days and then was able to eat a few small and I mean small meals. Every once in a while it feels like the glands in my neck and armpits are aching just a little. I have posted 2 previous times and I am debating on wether to go back to see my doctor. I am at the point where death would make the pain go away. I cannot describe the emotional train wreck I am in right now. I cry to the point I can cry no more because of these symptoms and they wont go away. The doctor says this is depression/anxiety does this sound right. Please help.
It most certainly can. I have suffered for 12 years with anxiety/GAD, MVP and depression. It started just like yours. Yes I felt like I was dying to. They did every test availible which brought some comfort. Back then it was hard for me to give in to the doctors diagnosis because I did not feel depressed or anxious. Here I am again 12 years later with new symptoms and doctors say the same. My doctors (2 of them) are great. They again tested me for EVERYTHING. That's most important. At least I know theres more than likely nothing wrong with me. Go to the library read up on these disorders (library not internet) it will help you so much. It is amazing how sick your mind can make your body. Keep me posted. Find a good understanding doctor and have them run some test to ease your mind.
Just read your other post again. I could not take prozac, wellbrutin, paxil or any of the meds for the depression. They make me sick. Try different ones. Maybe you'll find something that works for you. All I take is xanax.
I wanted to clarify my previous post. I didn't mean that wanting to die is OK. I just meant this a normal reaction to depression. My son completed suicide at only 16, so please try to get help soon.
I completely agree with the previous post. Depression can make you want to die. But I would also have a series of tests run just to be sure they are not missing some underlying problem. I have lived with depression my entire life. It is a horrible disorder and can take over your life. Good luck.
Depression can definately make you very sick you need to see your doctor asap hun..there should be some kind of medication you can take that wont make you sick....i wish you luck, and get help soon!!!!!