Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Can't Lift Big Toe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Can't Lift Big Toe

Weird stuff that happens every now and then for the past ten years or so and didn't think much of:

-  Leg spasms which last for a few seconds (usually at night in bed)

-  Foot spasms - feels like foot is extending or moving or just awkward and I have to mess with it - feels like a pinched nerve or something

more recently:

big toe feels strange.  every now and then it's numb and sometimes it feels as if its trying to curve inward.  It feels most normal when i have it bent upwards.

and the scary one I discovered today:

I can't lift my big toe up.  On my right foot the tendon that connects to the big toe can be seen....on my left foot, i can only barely lift my other four toes....the big toe moves barely at all.  

when i have socks on, i sometimes have the sensation that the sock is pulling too tight on the tip of the toe and I feel like I have to stretch the sock out......

i'm 25 and getting tested for diabetes tomorrow as I have contemplated having it for a while and now see can be related to these problems.  I only wish I had taken the weird symptoms in the past more seriously sooner should there be a significant nerve problem.....

***********the only thing which makes me question if it has to do with neuropathy is that most sites talk about it causing pain.  I feel no pain with any of this.  It just feels awkward sometimes.
Have they done a brain scan to look for anything that might be causing your partial paralysis there?  Have they done an EMG on your legs?
no, still waiting to even visit the doctor...strange thing is that in the past couple of days my toe seems stronger and is able to lift about half what it should be able to....but I have noticed that it is consistently and partially numb - or a sensation that it's fallen asleep....i can feel a sensation in that foot that something is coursing through veins/nerves (?) every now and then as well as a pressure on the bottom of the toe every now and then....no pain yet.  

I don't think this something you should be waiting around for a regular doctor's appointment on.  Perhaps you could suggest the urgency of your symptoms to the receptionist and try to get your appointment today.  Even if they find no evidence of stroke in a brain scan, you could pursue the EMG and circulation testing in your lower extremities (doppler).