Cant straighten finger
Over the past years, I have noticed my left pinky has become increasingly bent and curved towards my ring finger. It is not "trigger finger" since it doesn't "catch" and isn't painful. I can not straighten it at all, even if pressure is applied to it. I am just worried that it will keep bending. Anyone else have something similar to this???
Thanks for writing to the forum!
This could be due to Mallet Finger. “Mallet finger refers to a condition in which the end joint of a finger bends but will not straighten by itself.  In this situation, the joint can be pushed straight but will not hold that position on its own.” Treatment is physiotherapy therapy and splint. Refer: http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/hw015.htm
In some cases this is an inherited disorder, especially if the pinky finger curves toward the fourth finger. This can also be confirmed if there are other family members who have this problem.
Do not ignore this. Try an ortho specialist to figure out what it is.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
thank you soo much for your input!!!!! I will definelty get it looked at soon. My dads pinky also has a very slight bend to it where he too can not straighten it completely. Looks like gentics plays a role in this one!
I posted 2 pics of my finger in my profile for more of an idea of what it looks like.