Cartilage Growth on Anti-tragus (Just Above Ear Lobe)
Hi, this morning I noticed the piece of cartilage above one of my ear lobes protruding, pointy, unusually large and red. (It's apparently called the anti-tragus.) It's larger than the anti-tragus on the other side, doesn't itch or hurt, but is very unsightly. Is this something that might go away on its own? Anything I can do to help it go back down to its normal size? Or, is this symptomatic of something I should be concerned about?
Thank you, in advance!

This discussion is related to Strange ear cartilage growth.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
At times unequal anti tragus can be a normal anatomical variation. If this has been something that has been there for a long time, then you need not worry. However if this has recently increased in size, then it could be infection (however it is not painful) or a cartilage tumor or growth. The you would need assessment by an ENT specialist for this.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!