Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Cat scan results, thyroid, lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Cat scan results, thyroid, lymph nodes

Hi:
I am a 43 year old female who quit smoking in January of this year and haven't felt well in months.  I have a swollen left parotid area and was referred to an ent.  I went for a cat scan today. The results were as follows:  "No evidence of a parotid mass.  There is a left jugular chain lymph node at level II that measures 12mm in diameter.  There is mild diffuse enlargement of the thyroid gland,"  I found an enlarged lymph node on my right collar bone and went to see the ent's PA as well as my own doctors PA yesterday - the day before - they both felt it- why wouldn't this show up on the cat scan - why didn't the swelling of my left parotid gland show up - you can see it looking at me.  I have a cough that has been treated with 3 different antibiotics and oral steroids and this has not gone away and is worse at night yet I have a normal xray that showed my heart was on the larger side of normal.  I am tired all the time. I never seem to feel good anymore.  I break out in sweats off and on through out the day and night.  I have well controlled high blood pressure that i take medicine for.  I have RSD after a nerve injury in 2004 - take neurontin and cyclobenzaprine.  My platlets were elevated at 528 (high normal was 400) when my labs were take but,  I was just finishing up the oral steroids - which would normally lower it - white blood cells were elevated at 12.9 (high normal 10 - i know steroids prob raised )and gran elevated at 9.8 (high normal 7.7) I have had blood drawn again after being off steroids and am awaiting the results. I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and had 7 polyps removed (brother had stage 3b colon cancer and is in remission).  I would really appreciate some insight into what is wrong with me.  I am so tired of not feeling well.
1 Comment
It's the steroid combined with some sort of too much uneven pressure caused by possible swollen lymph node and injury of the nerves. Drinking some rations of ice mixed with sweet licorice can help. Roses also can help with the conditon. If you are still worried, do some deep research about nerves.