Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Causes for voice cracking

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Causes for voice cracking

I'm 18 and female but for the past few years I've had moments where my voice cracks. I've also discovered that it's hard for me to speak loudly and clearly when there is alot of noise around me. It's also hard for me to pronounce words with the "r" sound. It comes and goes but I don't know what could be causing it or how to help it. It almost sounds like a nervous thing, but it happens in everyday situations. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
Voice can crack due to allergy, infection, improper voice modulation and also due to trachea-laryngeal reflux of acid from stomach. Please consult an ENT specialist and get your voice box examined to rule out any local pathology. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, Voice sounds funny was started.