Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Center (10T) Back/Abdominal pain, Neck pain/lump in throat, ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For the last couple years I've been suffering from neck/back pain starting from this:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/Potentially-dangerous-symptoms--need-help-finding-out-what-it-is/show/1242857#post_5689436

Starting the last several weeks, I've been having more of a pronounced ache in my neck which prompted me to go see a chiropractor recommended by my work mates. He was able to find the problem in about 5 seconds, that I had a really swollen area around my 10T vertebrae. I've been going a few times a week to see him, but something else is also starting to crop up.

My central abdomen, below my breastbone, has been aching as well and it is constant. I thought it might be linked to my back pain since it is parallel with the pain in my back, but I'm not sure. I've had a hiatal hernia before, which seemed to fix itself according to my last barium swallow, but I don't know if it is coming back with a vengeance. There doesnt seem to be much heartburn since it feels lower than what I'd normally feel for heartburn. Also, my throat has been very slowly starting to ache and it feels like there's a lump or frog in my throat. Both symptoms seem to increase when I eat, sometimes it is hard to pinpoint. My throat muscles have been tight because of my neck pain.

The thing that drives me NUTS, absolutely NUTS, is how this abdominal ache flares up and triggers my vasovagal responses over and over throughout the day. I never feel really comfortable, and the anxiety is driving me up the wall. It is incredibly hard to live with, and worst of all seems to be worse when I drive. I'm tall so I'm not very comfortable in the car and these pains almost trigger syncope sometimes so I have to will myself through it.

Anyone have any idea what the heck is wrong with me? The pain in the abdomen is low and constant, just enough to drive me batty. My throat eases up sometimes, also if i massage it I can feel a little pop or shift and I can swallow a bit better. All these symptoms cover a million things, and I have an appointment with the GP. My chiropractor also says the adjustments can cause some of these symptoms, which might be true since it has been messed up for a long time. Any thoughts? Getting kind of desperate.
Forgot to mention im 30, 6'5 and around 290. Being overweight has had an issue as has bad posture most of my life. Can chiropractor adjustments make you feel sick with flu like symptoms?
Hrm, very interested if anyone has any suggestions to this. I have neck pain and difficulty swallowing myself and not sure where to turn next, considering seeing a chiropractic as fysio doesnt seem to do much for me.

Bad posture might account for some of the complaints. Also, how is your breathing, can you do abdominal breathing well? If not perhaps check for chronic hyperventilation symptomps, if your chest is all tight it radiates to the throat area as well and sometimes it feels like you are going to faint.

As to the lumpy feeling. Have you had the lining of your oesophagus checked? It could be very irritated due to previous heartburn, that might account for the lumpy feeling. My doctor thought that was the case with me at first, but turned out it wasnt. But might be worth checking out.

Some of the symptoms have faded, I think it was because I was getting multiple adjustments during the week for a really old problem. Adjustments can cause flu like symptoms and other havoc as toxins are released and the body heals.

During the last visit my chiro said the left side of my thyroid was a bit swollen. I think that may have made my throat feel tighter and harder to swallow. I have had bad posture issues for a long time, and yes it does feel harder to get a full breath of air. At the very end of a deep breath I feel tight across the chest.