Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Charlie horse sensation in abdomen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Charlie horse sensation in abdomen

I get this from time to time and have tried to question others about it but most don't know what I'm talking about. I get what feels like a charlie horse or a kink in my colon or muscles in the abdomen area (I'm really not sure how to describe it). When it happens I have to straighten up right away and it eventually relaxes. It's usually high up in my abdomen, right under my ribs. It's very uncomfortable and I'm not sure what it is or the best way to avoid it or take care of it when it happens.

Today I've been getting it constantly, more than usual. I'm feeling it now and have to sit very straight. It keeps wanting to kink up. I don't know how else to describe it.

Now I do have some digestive issues, including GERD but I don't know if it's related to that or if there's something else going on.
Does anyone have a clue as to what this is and why it keeps happening?
I'm noticing it real high up, like under the breasts. I don't know if this is muscle cramps or colon kinks or what?
Today is much better than last night but I still feel it off and on.
Gerds has alot of symptoms to many to discribe.It could be inflamation (inflammation) or acid reflux.Diet is the key to calming all symptoms  of Gerds.When you eat the wrong foods it can cause cramping,the acid can inflame the digestive system,especially greasey foods.Try to write a diary of food intake and see if it is the wrong food instigating it,Good Luck
I have been trying to be careful with my diet and have eliminated a lot already. I usually eat pretty healthy for the most part. I'm wondering if this is GI related, though, or if it could be circulation or dehydration because I noticed last night I was getting leg cramps in bed too. The abdomen cramps usually come and go by themselves. Last night was just particularly bad, not sure why.