Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest & throat & asthma Promblem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest & throat & asthma Promblem

Hello everyone,6 weeks ago I had swine flu but I haven't really recovered I was wondering if anyone can help. These are the symptoms what I have at the moment.

First of all my chest/throat is tight and im getting alot of asthma attacks (every day for past 6 wks at night and not had asthma like this for 10+ yrs) On top of my asthma I am coughing to the point of bringing up up a clear sticky mucus( roughly a handful each time). Also i am having sweats,i very tired, and my throat and brain feels as if it is going to explode,but it doesnt hurt or feel like a normal headache or sore throat  my neck  on the outside has a red rash too. Att times i get a prickly feeling on my skin.I coughed this afternoon and i could see white spots in my eyes for around 5 minutes.Oh and at night when my asthma starts i get palpitations. Thats about all, can anyone advise me what this is?    
I can accept any kind of flu/sore throat but i know this is different,it's been 6 weeks now and i just want to sort it out.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Mark

(The Dr prescribed me with prednisolone and vibrox and tommorrow I have to have a chest xray)
P.s I forgot to add i been on the steroids and antibiotics for 6 weeks now
Welcome to the forum!
It appears as though the virus has not gone completely from your system. If you had swine flu then with such bad bouts of cough, you must ask your doctors to rule out pneumonia. This will be evident in the chest X-ray you are about to take. The other possibility is that you have an attack of asthma. For quick relief, along with steroids, you need decongestants and bronchodilators. Another possibility is that you have not recovered from swine flu.
A culture sensitivity of the sputum should be done. Please ask the doctors why antibiotics are being given. Do you have fever?
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Fever..Erm no no really but i am having hot sweats/flushes, I am taking my inhalers but they only work for around 10 minutes, I am using roughly 3 inhalers per week (2 ventolin 1 becotide). I really can't explain it, ever time i have had a flu or cold on chest it isn't like this one.
My throat isn't sore but it feels closed/swollen inside(but no pain), not like when I have an asthma attack.
I had my x-ray today and i wont get the results for 7-10 days, but i don't seem to be getting better.
The antibiotics were for my throat and they are "vibrox"

Just keeping you posted and thankyou for your reply