Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Chest/Abdominal disocomfort. Gastro issues.

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been dealing with this for 8 months.  I feel annoying discomfort in my stomach, both upper and lower abdomen. About 8 months ago it felt like something was tugging on my rib cage and at one point felt like my back was tearing form my spinal cord, like the muscles were ripping from my backbone.  Now there's really no pain but sometimes it feels like there is a hole in my back.  Also, when I work out, I seem to be able to do everything fine, but when I do Abdominal excercies I notice increased discomfort, it almost feels like there is a stick in my stomach.

It also feels like my penis is ultra sensitve and is getting caught on my boxers or jeans and I constantly feel like I have to rearrange myself, but when I check or do, I'm not caught on anything at all.  I also feel pressure/itchiness around my testicles and prostate/rectal area and also to the sides of these areas, almost where the leg meets the hip bone but underneath around the testicle area. My stool movements have been discolored and weird the past 8 months, soft and light brown and it is uncomfortable to go to the bathroom or pass gas.

doctors have diagnosed me with torn rib cartilage, then stress, then IBS. After going on an IBS diet and taking parasite cleansers, i did notice a decrease in symptoms, specifically in the chest area, but the abdominal and lower private part area did not change.   I'm at wits end here and if you have any ideas, i'd appreciate it.  Usually my symptoms are much worse after a night of drinking.  i'm 26 years old, male, 6'2, 207 lbs.  I was 180 in college but have gained some weight.   I have thought about everything from a hernia, to parasites, to prostate issues, to whatever.  No idea what is going on with me and neither does my doctor or the ER
Your symptoms are so diffuse, it is hard to pin point one area to focus on.

In my patients with similar, I would with the symptoms that are more easily evaluated--in this case changes in stool and rectal discomfort.

Usually I would check their liver function by blood tests and perhaps have them see a Gastroenterologist.