Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest Pain

Hi, I am a 21 year old female and I do have slight asthma, and I am also a smoker. This only really seems to happen when I drink - after a night out, the next day I will have chest pain in the centre of my chest and slightly to the right when I take a deep breath in. It doesn't hurt when I cough only when I take in a deep breath. I went out last night and got quite drunk, and had a few cigarettes but not more than usual and now today my chest is hurting - only when I breathe in. It seems to happen all the time now after a night out. I have had a few chest infections lately from smoking and the cold nights, and I still am coughing up some brownish green phlegm- so the pain could perhaps be from that but i'm not sure. I was just wondering if someone could help me with what this might be?
Hi TiaDepledge and welcome to the forum.

The green color of phlem indicates an infection from bacterial or fungal origin.
When white blood cells, die, after their immune  response to the infection, they
actually blow up, releasing a green pigment.
The brown color indicates particles related to smoking (there are supposedly about 300 chemicals in cigarettes, many of them brown.) and if asthmatic, as you are, it also indicates bronchitis.
If there any hues of red in it, this indicative of blood.

You are a chest breather, which is diminishing your ability to get sufficient
amount of oxygen into your body, with a poor CO2 ratio.

Any pain associated with your breathing is due to inflammation.
Prolonged inflammation, leads to possible permanent damage, to your lungs ,heart and consequently cardiovascular system.

Alcohol is an anti-nutrient, as it depletes the body of nutrients and vitamins
and likely a contributor to fungal infections, should there be a fungal imbalance.

Moderation is key, however, abstinence from smoking and drinking, until
you figure out this, might serve you best.

Your long term goal should be to retrain your subconscious mind to normalize your breathing, from chest hyperventilation, to proper diaphragmatic breathing. It might even help eliminate asthma symptoms.
Free lessons available at the normal breathing website.

You are in a high risk group, because of smoking, drinking and poor breathing.
These predispose you to many potential serious health challenges.

Should you have any underlying emotional issues, they should be dealt with.
Any suppressed emotions, have chronic negative effects, whether we realize it or not, until they're brought to the surface and shift their energy away.
Do a search for Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and download the
free manual, if you're interested in this.

Please let me know if I can offer you any more details, however, my comments here are not intended as a replacement for medical advice.
If your symptoms continue or worsen, you should see a doctor.

Take care.
Niko