Chest and throat pain and tightness and a cough with little white phlem
Hi have had throat tightness and chest pain tightness and sometime hard to swallow, my doctor asked me to take penicilin based antibiotics to clear up any cold symptoms and also gave me throat calmer tablets that are calming for allergy as well as a nose inhaler also alergy related from what I can read in  leaflet - he also requested blood and urine samples and throat scan so I'm wonderign what this can be as he just told me we'll get to bottom of this and not explained more, the tightness in throat and chest has not gone away and I'm almost finished with meds, so worry that it is not working and also my chest x-ray came up with slight mark showing mucus that they said need expectorant to clear up, but expectorant has not made anything come up, instead I have a clear mucus accumulate in throat (dripping I assume) after a night sleep. Does anyone know what this could be or have any advice as I'm not due to have exams doen until a week after antibiotics are finished and then have to wait a further week to 10 days to know results before arrangign a follow up with doctor and not feeling too confident with hte delay - thanks,
if u would like me to recite for u quran,it may help
Time to put in a phone call to your doctor's office.  Please ask for the results of the blood and urine tests and tell them the symptoms you are still suffering from, despite the medications you've been taking, including the antibiotics you're nearly done with and the expectorant that doesn't seem to be working.

With your difficulty with swallowing and a description that sounds like post-nasal drip after sleeping, you might also want to explore whether or not you might be having gastrointestinal tract issues causing any of your symptoms, such as acid reflux for example.  Is that what your doctor ordered the throat scan for signs of?  Did you get the throat scan done yet?  If so, please also ask the doctor's office for the results of the scan.

Waiting ten weeks for test results when you don't feel like you are receiving adequate treatment to sufficiently address your symptoms is not right.

With your chest pain tightness- did they also make sure your heart was okay?
how about culture  throat swab? so that you will know the best medicine for you.
I have felt a little better today but throat is still raw. Chest tightness is gone today and I wonder of due to warm weather as it's been very cold till now. I have had blood tests and heart electocardiogram a few months back and all was ok with this (i had a mustle injury then that pulled my left arm and hurt chest then, but not a problem with heart) so I wonder if tightness felt was due to mucus in lungs which showed a little in lungs xray. My tests are only due in 8 days now I finished meds to allow body to clear up meds and have clear results, same with my throat scan. I will see if I continue to feel better throughout this week and if not will follwo your advice and call doctor even if before tests are done to review me again. I will try to find any raw throat home remedies (am tired of meds) so any suggestions welcome to allow me to feel better. I don't know what throat scan is for, doctor didn't confirm, but hope nothing too serious there. I will ask for Throat swab also and see what they say. Thanks
Avoiding having it too dry in the house (low humidity might make the throat worse with the dryness) might be helpful.  You might even try a clean humidifier in your house near where you are hanging out.  

You might try drinking very warm water with a little honey and perhaps a tiny bit of lemon juice in it.  Other than that, avoid citrus and anything else that might hurt your throat going down.  Zinc lozenges might be helpful.  And drinking plenty of water is important.