Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest pain after a night of drinking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest pain after a night of drinking

I have noticed the last two times that I have spend a night drinking (in all honesty more than I should have) the next morning my upper body from approx the bottom of my ribs up into my shoulders and under my clavicles has been sore all over. I'm not sore to the touch, its more like I'm bruised on the inside. when I take deep breaths I feel the soreness and I don't understand it. I didn't vomit, I didn't shout, and I just cant figure out what is causing this. are my kidneys releasing a toxin that is making me sore.

Can someone please help shed some light on this.

Thank you

Thanks for the post! How are you doing now?

Needless to say, you should not drink so much. Any pain in stomach area or chest after alcohol binge should be investigated for pancreatitis.
Your symptoms are more that of a ‘hangover’. “A hangover is characterized by the constellation of unpleasant physical and mental symptoms that occur after a bout of heavy alcohol drinking. Physical symptoms of a hangover include fatigue, headache, increased sensitivity to light and sound, redness of the eyes, muscle aches, and thirst. Signs of increased sympathetic nervous system activity can accompany a hangover, including increased systolic blood pressure, rapid heartbeat (i.e., tachycardia), tremor, and sweating. Mental symptoms include dizziness; a sense of the room spinning (i.e., vertigo); and possible cognitive and mood disturbances, especially depression, anxiety, and irritability.” Please refer: http://biology.about.com/library/weekly/aa010104a.htm

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care! Stop over drinking.

I'm doing well now , this seems to be something that only lasts a day or two. its actually very similar to how my lags might feel the day or two after a heavy workout. One thing that seems strange to me is that it is isolated to the internal muscles in my upper core. the first day I feel it all the time the next day its only when I take a deep breath or even hiccup or something and the third day I only really notice it every once in a while (sneeze cough etc.) Ive only ever experienced a hangover once in my life. so perhaps this is just something that I am not accustomed to.

Thanks for your response.