Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest pain and sore throat

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest pain and sore throat

I have had a chronic sore throat for about 2 years, all doctors have told me this is reflux.  I recently had a flu like illness with fever and unable to get out of bed, after the flu like symtoms (symptoms) went away I was left with this pain in my throat, its deep and is dull and throbbing, it even hurts to talk.  I seen an ent and he said I have reflux and a deviated septum, he gave me nose spray and nexium, for the last 4 weeks the pain has moved to my chest and back area about six inches down from my neck line.  I even seem to be feeling tired alot, and even a slight headache.  I have never had health problems and I dont smoke or drink alot, but these symtoms (symptoms) are starting to pile up and every time I goto the doctor they keep saying reflux.  I dont have trouble swallowing and it feels better if I am eating or drinking something.  This is very painful and I am starting to think that its cancer or something vey serious, why is it that they just say reflux and send me on my way, is there a sure symtom or pain that Im saying to the doctors thats making them blow this off so quickly.  I have been to four different doctors and one ent 2 months ago, I was sure the ent would say we need to do some test or put a camera in your throat, but he just used a mirror and a light to look in my throat.  I have very good insurance so that is not the problem, do you have a info or advice about my symtoms (symptoms) and strategy.

Thanks for you time.
Have you had an x-ray done?  I have had symptoms of heartburn, so to rule out reflux (GERD), the sent me to get an x-ray done.  Purhaps if they ruled out reflux this way, they would be willing to investigate other areas, rather than just dismissing the problem.
Avatar n tn
The symptoms you have are exactly the same as me which I have also been experiencing for at least this year.  I have been on Nexium for at least 10 years.  I have an appointment with ENT and I was hoping for magical answers.

regards Karengalls