Chest pain and sore throat
I have had a chronic sore throat for about 2 years, all doctors have told me this is reflux.  I recently had a flu like illness with fever and unable to get out of bed, after the flu like symtoms went away I was left with this pain in my throat, its deep and is dull and throbbing, it even hurts to talk.  I seen an ent and he said I have reflux and a deviated septum, he gave me nose spray and nexium, for the last 4 weeks the pain has moved to my chest and back area about six inches down from my neck line.  I even seem to be feeling tired alot, and even a slight headache.  I have never had health problems and I dont smoke or drink alot, but these symtoms are starting to pile up and every time I goto the doctor they keep saying reflux.  I dont have trouble swallowing and it feels better if I am eating or drinking something.  This is very painful and I am starting to think that its cancer or something vey serious, why is it that they just say reflux and send me on my way, is there a sure symtom or pain that Im saying to the doctors thats making them blow this off so quickly.  I have been to four different doctors and one ent 2 months ago, I was sure the ent would say we need to do some test or put a camera in your throat, but he just used a mirror and a light to look in my throat.  I have very good insurance so that is not the problem, do you have a info or advice about my symtoms and strategy.

Thanks for you time.
Have you had an x-ray done?  I have had symptoms of heartburn, so to rule out reflux (GERD), the sent me to get an x-ray done.  Purhaps if they ruled out reflux this way, they would be willing to investigate other areas, rather than just dismissing the problem.
The symptoms you have are exactly the same as me which I have also been experiencing for at least this year.  I have been on Nexium for at least 10 years.  I have an appointment with ENT and I was hoping for magical answers.

regards Karengalls