Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest pain and swollen left foot.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest pain and swollen left foot.

Three weeks ago I had severe chest pain and was rushed to hospital, to no avail!.  Since my left foot has become swollen and does not go down after sleeping with it on a pillow.

I have pain when walking in my chest and get out of breath quickly, I find sleeping difficult sometimes as the pain can come on suddenly and I can't lie on my left side or back(it hurts on right also).  Plus I have swelling on top left side of abdomen which comes with the pain.

I have had severe pain since this morning and was concerned it was very serious as I have no strength, fatigued and I have been sick, the pain is on the left side it doesn't hurt to touch, it's under my breast bone, and I have pain between my shoulder blades and slight numbness in arm with pins and needles in fingers.

I am afraid to go to hospital, as I feel they will pass it off like last time.

Does anyone else feel like this or can explian the swelling or chest pain combined, if so I would love to hear from you cheers.
-5 Comments
See your regular md this could be acid reflux they mimic alot like you are having chest pain numbness burning in shoulder etc.  This happened to me I was put on Prilosec OTC med now.  Your airway becomes constricted from the acid backing up in your throat from stomach.  This causes sleep disturbances sleep with your head elevated at night try to eat smaller meals thru the day and nothing to eat 3 hours before bed hope this helps good luck.
Susie,
You have chest pain on exertion, shortness of breath, edema left leg, fatigue, weakness, and other symptoms.
You need to be evaluated by a physician, who will do a physical examination, get a history of your symptoms, and figure out what is wrong.
What was your diagnosis the last time you were at the hospital?
Do you have a family doctor who can see you?

If the heart muscles are not getting enough blood and oxygen, you will get angina, or chest pain.
If the heart is not pumping forcefully enough, the blood can back up in the lungs, giving you a wet cough and shortness of breath.
Do you need to sleep propped up on pillows?
This can also cause edema, or swelling, of the legs.

I do hope you will see your doctor about this.

Wishing you the best,
Carol
You mentioned you had a swollen leg and had pain with it, had you hurt your leg before? If so, with the symptoms you are explaining I would get checked at the doctor ASAP, you never know, it may be a blood clot that has formed in the leg, and you want to keep a watch on that.
you are in my prayers, I hope you will find out osmething soon.
My left leg just aches and my left foot and ankle are swollen.  My left ankle swells all of the time and sometimes I can barely walk on it because it hurts.  Is there anything I should be concerned about...or does this seem like "regular" adema?
A related discussion, short of breath was started.