Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Chest pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Chest pains

Since early last year i had a chest pain, feeling a sharp pain under my left breast and it become worse when im breathing or taking.  Last week i had the same pain these time it was on top of my left breast and its difficult to breath, talking and even to move my body especially the left side.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If apart from chest pains you have cough or fever or breathlessness then causes like pericarditis and pleurisy need to be ruled out. It can also be a clot in lung. However if there is only pain then it may be costochondritis. Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
If it is anywhere near the left side of your chest you really need to see a doctor, maybe even phone your nearest emergency room/a&e next time you get these pains. it could be heart related pain. specially if the pain also goes near your left arm and into the left side of your back. please talk to a doctor asap! i hope you get well x
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!