Childrens Health
Well I have battled illness after illness with my daughter since birth.  Finally at age 2 she was diagnosed with IgA defiency.(IgA is the immune globulin that protects eyes ears nose lungs and gasto) So that explained everything!!  Since then we have had many serious infections.  At age 4 we discovered she had an infection in the bone behind her ear called mastoiditis.  After a several hour long surgery that was taken care of.  For the most part her ears and lungs have been most effected. Now she is 7 years old and 44 lbs which is awesome for her.  Our winter has been remarkable as far as illness..  Until about 3 weeks ago..  She has been running high fevers, some diahrea some dizziness, pain in her ears headaches she is tired all the time and has no color to her whatsoever...  We had a CT scan today and they checked her mastoid and it looked okay so now we cannot figure out what is causing her symptoms.  Any thoughts??
Thanks for writing to the forum! I am really sorry to hear about your daughter and hope she is better soon.
Her symptoms could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis, otitis media, or simply a gut infection. A CBC is required along with a stool examination and an ENT checkup.
Here is a link that you might find useful: http://www.immunediseaseeurope.com/ideu/patients/IDF/select_iga.html

If your daughter has selective IgA deficiency with IgG subclass deficiencies she will benefit from immunogloulin (IVIG) treatments given through a vein. Also you need to check if antibodies are there in her body against the IgA immunoglobulin.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Well we are going in for some more blood work today and a urinalysis. Also a chest x-ray..  We shall see??  Her symptoms are still there??  Also has been having pain behind the ear with the mastoiditis???
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.