Chills and fever
Should I cover up when I get chills?  They come on at night, I wake up freezing and shaking.   Usually I cover up.   I had a fever of 102 after the last one.   All of my body hurts the next day whenever I move.

Is chills accompanied by fever everytime? If yes,then it can be a bacterial or viral infection.Other possibilities are lupus,legionnaire’s disease,pneumonia,viral hemorrhagic fever,Q fever, Wegener’s granulomatosis or some malignancy.

If chill are not accompanied by fever, then it can be due to hypothyroidism,anxiety and panic atteacks,hypoglycemic attacks,hyperhydrosis(excessive sweating) and premenopause in women.Sometimes, patients who have recovered from a febrile illness continue to experience chills in the convalescence period.

It is advisable to first have the investigations for fever like ESR,complete blood count,blood culture,blood test for malarial parasite,widal test,x-ray chest or sonography to exclude any of the pathologies associated with fever.If negative,then other causes of shivering and feeling cold should be looked for.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.